12/02/21- Forest School
Can you make one of these natural hearts?
Complete any Maths worksheets in the Maths pack.
Here are some lovely 2D and 3D shape games you could play.
I am very excited to hear the ending of your stories. Can you finish your stories and write the end?
10/02/21- Wellbeing Wednesday
Happy Wellbeing Wednesday everyone! Enjoy a break from worksheets and screens and try some of these activities.
Please log in to the Big Cats Ebooks and read one of the books.
Please spend as much time as you can reading with your child, a few minutes a day will have such a huge impact on their reading development. Our aim at Deri View is to give all a life long love of reading and your help with this is vital.
If you have any issues please let me know.
Diolch Miss Davies
08/02/21- Key Words
Please practise reading the next 5 Key words.
Here are some lovely ideas to help your child-
• Flashcards- make flashcards and get your child to say the words
• Magnetic letters (you could make your own cards with the individual letters on)- words could be displayed in a prominent place in the house or your child could use the letters to make the words
• Word recognition- the adult says the word and the child chooses which word was said
• Write, look, cover, repeat to help with the spelling of the words
• Snap- you will need two of each word for this
• Pairs- you will need two of each word for this
• Put the words around the house- children can practise reading them
• Sentence construction- use one or more of the words in a sentence
• Rainbow spelling- children can use different colours to write the words
Yesterday you predicted what you thought was going to happen when the mouse met the lion. I loved hearing all your wonderful ideas- you have very good imaginations. Da iawn pawb!
Today can you write a different ending for the story 'The Lion Inside'
Remember your ending needs to be longer than one sentence.
Choose a few sounds and watch the videos and play the game.
Set 1 sounds- ch, ng, th, sh
Set 2 sounds- igh, ar, oo, ee, or
Listen to the story below up to 3:40 minutes. Write a prediction of what you think will happen.
Don't forget what your sentences need- Capital letters, finger spaces, neat writing and a full stop.
Questions to consider-
What will the lion do?
What will happen?
How do you think the the lion was feeling?
How do you think the mouse was feeling?
After you have predicted the ending watch till the end. Was you prediction right?
03/02/21- Wellbeing Wednesday
Enjoy a break from screens and worksheets and try out a few of these activities.